There are many reasons why companies need to rent a 20 yard dumpster. Renovations and remodels are the most common, but they are not the only ones. Trash can accumulate quickly, and the use of small dumpsters would be inefficient.
Many times, 20 yard dumpsters are perfect for home remodeling companies who are seeking to dispose of kitchen countertops, cabinets, and sinks. The 20 yard dumpster will handle bulky apparatuses such as bathroom tubs, toilets, tiles, and walk-in showers that need disposal before being replaced.
Many times, a city will utilize a 20 yard dumpster for a community clean up of an abandoned area to create a new park. Garbage and run down playground equipment will all fit inside a 20 yard dumpster when broken down.
20 Yard Dumpsters
20 yard dumpsters are some of the most common dumpsters we rent, since they are the perfect size for getting rid of a lot of waste quickly. The truck will need to be able to navigate into the area and drop the trailer, or if possible, you can have the dumpster placed in the street.
20 Yard Dumpster Specifics:
- Can hold up to 20 cubic yards
- 18 feet long x 8 feet wide x 4 feet high
- Easy to load
- 2 Doors which makes it easier to carry in larger and heavier items
Common Projects that Use a 20 Yard Dumpster
You do not have to be a large company to rent a 20 yard dumpster. Dumpster rental is also popular among homeowners. No matter what project you are working on, we have the right size dumpster for the job. The most common projects our clients order a 20 yard dumpster for are:
- Estate cleanouts
- Removal of concrete
- Roof replacements
- Deck removals
- Disposal of furniture
- Community cleanups
- Large recycling projects
- Hoarding situations
- Whole-home cleanouts
- Damage due to natural disasters
- Large landscaping projects
- Tenants left a large mess
- Inherited a home full of unwanted stuff
Getting Ready for Your Dumpster Delivery and Pickup
When the truck arrives to deliver your dumpster, make sure you know exactly where you want it dropped off. Below are a few things you will want to take into consideration:
- Do not block public sidewalks, roads, or alleys.
- The surface needs to be level.
- The surface should not be soft.
- The truck needs at least 100 feet of clear distance to drop off the dumpster.
- The truck will need at least a 10.5 foot clearance.
- Area and curb must be free of debris and obstacles.
- There should not be any tree branches of low-hanging wires.
- Acquire all necessary permits.
- Move all vehicles out of the way before the delivery.
- Mark the area with cones or similar items.
- Know your goals before the dumpster arrives.
- Familiarize yourself with what can and cannot be put into the dumpster.
In most cases, you will not need a permit on private property. However, if the dumpster needs to sit in the street or a public area, there is a good chance you will be required to obtain a permit. To find out more about obtaining a permit, contact your local city’s Public Works Department. Failing to obtain a permit when required can lead to fines.
By following these simple tips, you will help to ensure everything goes quickly and smoothly. You will also be helping to ensure that there is minimal damage to your property.
Prepare for Dumpster Pickup
Once you are done filling up the dumpster, it is time to have it picked up. When you are ready:
- Call the dumpster company and let them know you are ready or pre-schedule the pickup.
- Remove any debris and obstacles that are around the dumpster and curb.
- Make sure the truck has a clear path to pick up the dumpster.
- Make sure all the items in the dumpster are evenly distributed. There should not be anything sticking out of the top.
- Unlock any gates before they arrive.
- Keep the load below the weight limit.
Choose BG’s Big Box Service for Your Dumpster Rental Needs
Let BG’s Big Box Service take the stress out of your project. We make dumpster rental easy and hassle-free. We have helped homeowners, businesses, and contractors for over 40 years.
At BG’s Big Box Service, we will work with you, so you get the right container for your job. There is no reason you should have to pay for more than what you need or get a container that is too small. BG’s Big Box Service is the best trash container rental service provider in Sun Valley, CA.